These five tips will help you sell quickly and for top dollar in a buyer’s market.
If you want to sell your home quickly and for top dollar in a buyer’s market, here are the five tips you must remember:
1. Know your local market. While the national market may be booming, the local market may be a different story. Your real estate agent can help give you the information you need to determine what your local market is doing and whether or not now’s the time to sell.
2. Get a home inspection. Knowing the condition of your home and its strengths and weaknesses can give you an accurate evaluation of its worth and how to best market it. An inspection can also point out any repairs that may be required, and you can use the covered cost of the inspection as a perk to advertise to buyers.
“Having a good marketing strategy means more people will see your home for sale, and it will be presented in the best way possible.”
3. Make any repairs. Making repairs may seem like an unnecessary expense when selling your home, but these repairs (especially those in the kitchen and bathrooms) can increase your home’s asking price and maximize your profit because having your home in move-in condition will boost interest in it.
4. Find out the accurate market price. Knowing your home’s accurate market price based on its size, condition, and location will put you in a power position to get the best price possible. Contacting a Realtor will help you calculate your home’s market value.
5. Have a marketing strategy. Like any business, marketing is an important part of success in real estate. Having a good marketing strategy means more people will see your home for sale, and it will be presented in the best way possible. A good real estate professional will always help you implement a marketing strategy that takes into account your specific home’s features.
As always, if you have questions about this or any real estate topic or are thinking of buying a home soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m happy to help.